Some of the most important work OREA does is at the Oklahoma state capitol. Representing the interests of retired teachers throughout the state, our leadership and members lobby for retirement benefits like pension, insurance, and so much more. Working directly with our legislators, OREA is a respected advocate focused on achieving these far-reaching goals.
- COLA - Achieving a cost-of-living increase for retired members
- DEFINED BENEFIT - Protecting the defined benefit plan for current and future retirees
- FULLY FUNDING TRS - Ensuring funding by opposing reductions of dedicated funds to the system
- EDUCATION FUNDING - Supporting funding for ALL public education levels
- HEALTH INSURANCE - Protecting and increasing the insurance subsidy for retired educators
- BOARD INDEPENDENCE - Protecting the TRS Board by opposing consolidation with other systems